The Project Manager must be an analytical problem solver with strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail that thrives on being engaged at all levels of the project. Has extensive experience delivering client engagements in a digital strategy, user experience, and software engineering environment while working closely with product, designers, and developers.
- Develop and manage day-to-day team project operations and project plans by working with discipline leads to determine required tasks, sequence, milestones, dependencies, schedule, and work.
- Ability to supervise and work across several projects with one or more project manager(s) or as the primary Project Manager on a large-scale engagement.
- Ensure consistency in project reporting and all client communication to your assigned customer counterparts.
- Manages, schedules, budgets, revenue recognition, and overall project organization to ensure project deliverables dates are clearly communicated and executed upon; updates and revises schedules weekly (as needed) to maintain accurate project forecasts.
- Manages projects with an eye towards on-time, on budget goals.
- Actively monitors project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance.
- Participates in writing Change Requests and Statement of Work (SOW) relative to scope, activities/tasks/work streams, deliverables by stage, timeframe, milestones, assumptions, required resources and work cost.
- Ability to document business requirements, business process workflows, feature scope lists and future priorities.
- Accurately forecasts resource utilization.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Consistently manages client expectations and acts on client feedback.
- Ensures vendor performance is monitored and actions are taken if performance warrants.
- Manages quality assurance and user acceptance process for deliverables.
- A minimum of 5 years project management or equivalent experience in a digital or software development organization.
- A minimum of 2 years experience managing digital application development related projects across web, mobile, social, and/or enterprise technology software contexts.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project, bug tracking, wiki and other related project management and common collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with a variety of methodologies from Agile/Scrum.
- Experience using issue-tracking software such as Jira is required.
- Organized in written and oral communications with an ability to level the communications appropriately for the target audience (from internal team communications to C-level client presentations).
- Demonstrated experience managing business analysis, design and technical teams.
- Understands the elements of User Experience/User Interface.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle and/or systems development lifecycle.
- PMP and other project management certifications are a plus.
- Comfort working in an MAC environment.
- Ability to travel required.